Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Profiles in LEADership: Meet Christian Jarboe


I am currently a senior at St. Mary's Ryken High School.  I work at a local defense contractor as a Junior Marketing Analyst.  In this job I help make video commercials and newspaper ads for the company.  I have my own studio and green room set up there which I built this past summer.  This is helping me to gain a lot more experience with film editing as I prepare to go to college next year.  Some of my other interests are playing soccer, shooting and editing short films, going to the gym, and learning new techniques for filmmaking.  

Recently I have been working on a Veterans Apprenticeship commercial for Technology Security Associates Inc. This is a recruiting program to hire veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan to work at TSA.  It has been a long but rewarding experience so far. I recently finished shooting the video in the green room and recording the audio that I needed for the piece, and it is now in the process of being edited. I have also been working on a wide variety of other short films that I will include in my college portfolio.  You can see some of my work at my Vimeo site: http://vimeo.com/christianjarboe  I plan to attend either Rochester Institute of Technology or Savannah College of Art and Design starting in the fall of 2013 and hope to major in digital filmmaking.

No comments: